Monday, March 24, 2008

Hide and Seek

Maycie's new favorite thing to do is play hide and seek. She is constantly looking for places to hide. If she can't find one, she creates one. Most of the time when she creates one, she makes a complete tornado of a mess. Urgh! And then, she wants you to come find her. If you find her, she freaks out and doesn't want you to find her. She just wants you to spend countless minutes "pretending" that you are trying. Sometimes it gets really annoying. I wish sometimes, as a mom, I could play hide and seek with my kids. You know the kind where you hide and they come find you...or try to come find you. I know I could hide where they would never find me. Some days, that sounds really fun!

4 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

Try having her/you hide a stuffed animal. My kids like that too and then for some reason it doesn't seem so annoying because you can hide the animal quickly then do something else while they look for it.

amber schmidt said...

I hear ya! It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that wants to run away and hide sometimes! I'm sure Landon would be happy to take your place anytime!

Fonzareli said...

LOL because Dixon just wanted to play hide and seek the other day. I told him I would play, but then...I said, "you hide first, where will you hide". He actually told me where he was going to hide. (In the closet.) I told him he couldn't get out until I found him. I left him in there for a good 10 minutes and got dinner finished. I know.. I ROCK!!

Kristy E.B. said...

Jazlyn does just the opposite. You tell her to go hide and then she comes out of her hiding spot and says, "Here I am!" She likes the seeking part, but still has not caught onto the hiding part.