Thursday, March 27, 2008

Don't "squish" the gush!

Funny story (it is now...but not at the time). I was babysitting for my cousin Michelle and her daughter, Madyson, was giving me hugs...she missed her mom...who was in Hawaii! Anyways, she looked at me and says, "You're SQUISHY"! She left me totally speechless. How do you reply to that? The only thing that could come out of my mouth was, "Ssshhh, it's our secret!" I was hoping it was just the way I viewed myself...WRONG. I hate any type of confrontation...even if it is with an innocent 4 year old.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

OH my dear. I really should have warned out about her. She acts like she isn't the sqishiest little girl alive. I need to teach her that squishy is the new "S" word.
I can't thank you enough for watching my brats, especially since they picked on you!
LOVE YOU!

Fonzareli said...

Isn't it funny how kids hurt our feelings more than adults do. I come home from church almost every sunday with my heart aching because some kid thinks only boys should have short haircuts or wondering what the red dots on my chin are. NO THEY ARE NOT CHICKEN POCKS!!!!

Ginger said...

There is a reason that I currently color my hair, and it's not all to do with vanity! Little kids notice (and comment) on these things that we try so hard to ignore. I think "squishy" could be better than wrinkly or stinky...Embrace the squish!

Bryce and Valerie Waite said...

Mandie Your blog is so cute! I loved it! You are so cute. I hope all is going good with you guys! Haven't seen you in a long time! Take care Valerie