Monday, August 11, 2008

I miss you already!

Burrito
Hoagie
This Summer I have been to the park at least 3-4 times a week for the free youth picnic in the park. The lunches are free for any youth 18 years or younger. Adults can purchase a lunch for only $1. As funny as this sounds, it feels like less effort for me to put my kids in the car and drive to the park. I have grown to love this. The kids eat, play and then when we get home, NAP time! They also have daily activities for the kids....coloring, painting, tie dying shirts, making picture frames, key chains, etc. Did I mention FREE! My monthly food budget has gone down. Well, this fantastic program ends once school starts...bummer! Back to 3 meals a day. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Shae said...

Yum...Looks a lot better than the free school lunch that I have taken the kids to a few times this summer. And, even nicer that the adults are only $1...here I think it was $2.75 or something...I never bought lunch. I just figured I would eat after we got home, and the kids were taking a nap!

Fonzareli said...

MAN! Why don't they have anything like that here. If they do, I have been kept in the dark. I'm not a cook. Poor Dustin takes frozen dinners to work. Sometimes I ask him if he wants me to heat it up for him in a container so he doesn't have to wait so long for the microwave. I guess I am secretly hoping he'd want me to do that so people think I make salsbury steak and roasted chicken nightly. Hasn't happened yet, people at work just know he's got a crappy wife.

The Cook Book said...

Those are pretty good lunches...it is sad!! Well maybe we can do some lunch days this fall when I start staying home more often with our little chitlin...she'll need some outside air. We need to do our campout soon. The grass is up for it whenever you are. Love ya!!