Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our trip to Grandma's


Conrad had Spring Break last week so we ventured to Maycie's favorite vacation spot...GRANDMA's. We went bowling with her cousins. She loved it. It was the first time she had ever bowled. Every time the ball starting roll down the lane, she would jump up and down. Once the pins fell, she would turn around and give us a big thumbs up...along with an ear to ear smile.


Conrad's grandparents celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary (50 years) while we were there. I have been married for 4 1/2 years now....holy cow...50! I love being married, but it definitely has its ups and downs. Congrats to them! Anyways, there children put together an open house to celebrate. My mother-in-law was in charge of the refreshments so I was in the kitchen helping her (150+ people showed up...so I was busy...sort of). It was held at the church house and they opened the nursery room for all the grandkids to play in during the open house. While I was helping Con's mom, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a little boy pushing another little boy in a "toy grocery cart". My first thought was, holy crap! Then my second thought was HOLY CRAP...that is my son being pushed. Jaxon's cousin had put him in the cart and was racing him down the hall. Needless to stay, he was quite startled and not appreciative of his cousins imagination.

3 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

Hey Mandie,
Was that Ry, that is crazy I miss you guys and seeing pics of you guys from beckas page made me kinad home sick. That is pretty cute Jax is growing up so fast. You have two good looking kids,
love u
Sarah

Tom and Audrie said...

At least the cart didn't crash and burn that could have been lots worse.

Jeff and Lea said...

I bet you had fun. Wish we were still in Soda, we could have met up for a while. Your kids are cute!