Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Craft


One of my favorite things to do during the Saturday conference sessions is a craft. For some reason, I listen better. I kept thinking all last week what I wanted to do. I have PLENTY of things I could have worked on or rather....projects that needed finished. But, none of those sounded appetizing. I didn't want to go purchase a project because I am in a thrifty, frugal, anti-spending money state. I finally remembered that I had this project cut out. A friend and I seen this particular craft in a magazine, only it was an Easter version. I thought to myself, I can do that for the other holidays as well. So, we came up with a pattern and I cut them out. Well, I thought it turned out pretty ugly after I cut it out...so I stashed it in the closet. I decided to get it out this weekend, wipe the 2 years dust it had collected, and I started to paint. Not bad huh!!!! I am super proud of myself because I had nothing to look at/copy....I am REALLY good at copying!!!

Now...where to put it...?

7 comments:

Jeff and Laura said...

That is so cute! You are so creative:)

Fonzareli said...

Very cute. You could put it on MY table!!

Smart Family said...

That is such a good idea, a conference craft. I agree, I need something to keep my hands busy and I listen better. I really like that. A girl of MANY talents.

amber schmidt said...

Cute! I have a thanksgiving table runner idea I want to try.... want to try it with me???

Chelsie Brown said...

cute cute cute

Shae said...

That is so cute! Great job! I wish that I think of anything to do like that...usually if I got something for a craft and don't do, it remains undone for longer than 2 years! :)

Hollie said...

This is very cute Mandie... Hey can you send me your photography information. I might have some business for you. Send it to me through email. tmsmart@mac.com. Thanks!