Sunday, October 19, 2008

Con's busy just got busier....

With the economy struggling, we are constantly worrying about our financial security. How and where can we save money? is the constant question I ask myself daily. It hit me the other week that I need to concentrate just as much or more on my family's spiritual security. Well, I prayed about it, and didn't exactly get the answer in the way I thought. Conrad was called, sustained, and set apart today as the 2nd counselor in our bishopric. I am so proud of him and grateful for the priesthood in our home. Now, on top of working full time, school full time, he will now have church full time. We used to look forward to the weekends so we can spend some time with our daddy. I guess Saturday will have to do. I hope we can live up to the blessings that we are capable of receiving through this calling.

**NOTE: Wish me luck because I will have my kids...aka JAXON...all by myself in sacrament meeting. YIKES!!!!!

15 comments:

amber schmidt said...

Congrats on the calling! He will be great in that calling and I'm sure you will be blessed because of it. If it's too hard you could always move right??? haha!

Tom and Audrie said...

Good Luck! I wish we could have been there today!

Melissa said...

Best of wishes, I know you both will be up to the task. The blessings do come, they really do, sometimes in surprising ways, but they do.

Oh and Conrad had better brush up on his Dutch Oven Skills.... he will need them.

Hale Family said...

I have no doubt that Con with be wonderful in his new calling! I hope that you can survive church by yourself. Sometimes I don't feel like we can even make it when Joe and I are both there! It really shouldn't take 2 adults to handle one little boy, right? Good luck!
Victoria

Hollie said...

Congrats! You will be blessed in so many ways. I wish you the best of luck in sacrament meeting with your two kids. You will do just fine. Hang in there!

Michelle Hepworth said...

That's awesome! He will do so good at it! And it will bless your family too!

Micah Kormylo said...

I feel for you, I really do. Sacrament can be so hard alone. I have firsthand experience. But the blessings will be amazing for your family. Good luck!

Fonzareli said...

CONgrats CON!! So Mandie...our bishops wife is also young hip cute and did I mention young, as is the bishop. (Both 30ish) They have 5 kids. She gets them to behave by bribing them with root beer floats when their daddy gets home from church. It seems to work for the most part. I'm sure YOU and CONRAD will not only recieve blessings, but will bless others in ways you may never know!!! GOOD LUCK

Shae said...

Good Luck! That will be exciting for you all.

Sarah Smith said...

That will be a great challenge. Con will do great. And you will do great with the kids. I think he will enjoy looking up at his daddy.\

Jeff and Laura said...

Welcome to the club! I wish you luck. Always acknowledge and notice the blessings...you will have tons!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

He will be so great in that calling! From the first time we started hanging out I knew the two of you were on your way to greatness. You are both great people. Congrats on the calling! I hope you had fun with all the family!

Jessyka Parsons Photography said...

That's awesome, Guess you'll be needing those file folder books back ASAP!
What a wonderful blessing!

The Cook Book said...

We are so proud of Conrad and not surprised in the least. He's a great guy and we all know that. Thanks for the awesome photo shoot yesterday...I'm so excited to see the results!!

Jones Family said...

Congrats to you guys. That is so awesome and incredibly challenging. Be careful what you pray for! :)