Monday, June 2, 2008

100 pennies, 20 nickels, 10 dimes, 4 quarters, $1

I am not an avid dollar store shopper. I am a firm believer that the items in the stores are $1 for a reason, and most of the items in the store aren't worth even that. However, I, like many others, often shop there looking for random items. You know when you think of an item and you just know the dollar store will have it. Well, that was the case for me. I am now the Sunbeam teacher in my ward and I wanted to make a paper bag puppet. I KNEW the dollar store would have a package of them...well...for only $1. Wrong! But, I did find these swimming suits. And guess how much they cost....duh...$1. I know they may not be the best quality (you get what you pay for), but, children have a tendency to ruin, tear, dirty, and stain. Thus, the reason for the $1 swimsuits. I hope I get my moneys worth!P.S. I found them at the Dollar Tree on Milwaukee. They range from sizes 6m-24m. I got Jax the 6m shorts and they are a little big. I got Maycie the 24m, it fits her just right.

5 comments:

Shae said...

I love when you can find great deals like that! They are cute. I found a couple of shirts at the dollar store for Mariah, and yes...they were dollar store quality, but still cute, and it didn't even wear out before she outgrew it!

Tom and Audrie said...

Cute! you can find brown paper lunch sacks at Walmart for $1.50 or less for around 100 of them I think. They are usually on the bottom shelf near all the garbage sacks, tin foil, sandwich bags, etc...

Ginger said...

I'm not much of a Dollar Store shopper either, but every once in a while... Good job on finding swimsuits!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I just love when you find a good deal. I think they are cute suits. They probably won't last till next year but I'll bet they'll last a good chunk of the summer.

Kristy E.B. said...

Cute suits, I especially like Maycie's! I miss our shopping trips together!