Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The never-ending land of BOOKS!



We joined the Boise Library's Summer Reading program. If Maycie (and Jaxon) reads so many minutes, hours, etc., she/he gets prizes from different sponsors (ex: Boise Hawks ticket (baseball)). I have never really been one that reads. I am not saying I don't enjoy a good book...it just isn't something I do on a regular basis. But right now, I would give anything to read something that has more than two sentences per page and has zero illustrations. Let's just say, I am tired of reading the same books...Dr. Suess, Mrs. Wishy Washy, Seven Scary Monsters, Going for a Walk in Tiger Wood, No Honey for Whinnie the Pooh...enough said...even typing the titles makes my body cringe!

8 comments:

amber schmidt said...

I joined too so when they get the hawks tickets we should all go together! And I started going to todller tales instead of music and movement and I like it sooo much better! Thanks for the tip.

Sarah Smith said...

hey good luck. kasha reads tonz but we don't have that fun game

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Sorry you're going crazy. I promise you are being a good mom for doing that with them. I should be doing it with Tayson but I just don't have the energy.

The Braggs said...

I just took MaCady to the library today to get a book. She was almost more interested in the live bugs they had there on display than picking out a book. I haven't started taking her to the library days here, they are just too crazy with way to many kids. Maybe i'll get brave one of these days and try it out.

Kristy E.B. said...

I know how you feel! I'll take Jazlyn to the library to pick out books and after the 10th time of reading them all I'm wondering why I got myself into it....but it will help them to enjoy reading more when they get older!

Hillery said...

you are such a good mom! Jeffrey needs to keep up his reading, so he now gets to read bedtime stories to the kids! It's fun to watch, but hey I don't have to read the same ones over and over! I love them , but they too make me crazy! And I haven't taken my kids the library since Beckah was still living here! And they are too crazy to take by myself anyways!

Sherydon said...

What great memories your kids will have!!

Hollie said...

It is hard to read the same books over and over. I have been trying to go to the library. I am with you I am not much of a reader. I do it all for my kids future!