Monday, June 30, 2008

The "BIG" yellow slide

Sorry about the clip. You will have to tilt your head, taco style to watch it. It also gets bumpy because I was trying to get closer while holding Jaxon.
Maycie's new favorite attraction at Roaring Springs is the big yellow slide. She wanted to go on it, and there was no height limit, so I grabbed two mats and headed up with her. I knew we would get up there and turn around (which I was alright with). Well, that isn't what happened. She layed down on her mat, I layed next to her and the life guard sent us off. First, I peed my pants. Second, I started screaming and praying that I wouldn't die. And third, I knew Maycie would hate it and so I screamed, "hang on tight". We get to the bottom and I look over and smiles are gleaming from my 3 year old. I am twenty something and was terrified, but she thought it was absolutely fun. She said she wanted to go again, so I made Con go with her!Jaxon just enjoys watching. Chicken! He HATES the water and he screams because he is hot and miserable. Well, boy, figure it out! He is S...L...O...W...L...Y...warming up to it. Maybe by the end of the season he will get his whole foot wet!

4 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

Maybe he'll warm up to the idea at Bear Lake. But, Kaden is still scared of pools and he is 2 so who knows.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Sometimes our kids surprise us. I wonder what my chicken will think of it. I'm sure Jaxon will warm up to it eventually.

Sarah Smith said...

HOW FUN HOPE YOUR TRIP HOME GOES GOOD. GIVE THAT BIRTHDAY GIRL SOME LOVES FROM US. Tell Con that he is such a good daddy, you are a great mom too.

Hale Family said...

I can't believe that she went down that. I guess there is a good side to having a daughter who is afraid of everything - because so am I. I was reading thinking - what does she mean tilt your head taco style then I had to laugh when I actually did - just like a taco! Did you ever get my e-mail a while ago?
Victoria