Sunday, November 16, 2008

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....

I have been tagged. Name the top 10 reasons you love your child. I will say children...I would hate for one of them to think I have a favorite. This tag has come at a perfect time. A week after my 4 days away from them...and a new appreciation of being a mother and realizing that my "what I thought was a boring monotonous life" was actually a quite rewarding one. Here it goes:

1- I LOVE making chocolate milk! "Mom, I need chocolate milk!" ,"Mom, I need chocolate milk!", "Mom, I need chocolate milk!", "Mom, I need chocolate milk!", "Mom, I need chocolate milk!"...you get the idea right...but now...we have a change of pace...."Mom, I need STRAWBERRY milk!"

2- I LOVE picking up toys. I think kids do it on purpose. They wait until you put them away, thinking that it is a game, just to start over again.

3- I LOVE the comforting, reaffirming words of my 3 1/2 year old princess. "Oh, mommy, you are a beautiful princess!" Who could have low self esteem after that!

4-I LOVE the giggles of Maycie and Jaxon playing together...5...4...3...2...1...SCREAM....CRYING!!!! It always ends up that way; Jaxon is usually the winner!

5- I LOVE the anticipation each of them get knowing it is getting closer for daddy to come home and then having them run up to him and give him hugs and kisses. Hey, hello, it's me over here, your mom...you know the one who makes you breakfast, lunch, dinner, and CHOCOLATE MILK, cleans your clothes, plays play dough, builds "towers" and forts...but who cares about her, right....DADDYS HOME!!!!

6- I LOVE that Jaxon is learning to talk and hearing the funny cute words he tries to say...and having Miss Priss and Proper correct him...I was talking about Maycie people! =)

7- I LOVE 8:30 pm. BEDTIME! Not because I am excited it is time for them to go to bed...well, actually, yeah I am! I love hearing Maycie say her prayers and reiterate EVERY night how much she loves her Nanny and Papa...forget MOM and DAD! (am I starting to sound bitter).

8- I LOVE 8:30 am; having two little whispers and giggles, and then the snuggles I get during Dora the Explorer and Little Einsteins.

9- I LOVE Maycie's imagination and how our living room becomes a swamp with alligators and we can only step on the pillows or else the alligators will bite our toes off. Or, how the laundry basket becomes the babies bed and our end table becomes Maycie's desk...like daddy's...where she does her homework.

10- I LOVE Maycie and Jaxon for making me a mother and although I fall short in MANY areas, they still claim me as there "mommy!"

I tag: Audrie, Chelsie, Angie F., Nicole Smart, and Victoria

2 comments:

Hollie said...

This is really cute... you are such a fun mom. Hey, I would love to check out Tom and Audrie's blog but it's private. Can you ask her to send me an email with an invite. Thanks a million! tmsmart@mac.com

Sarah Smith said...

Hey there I am so happy to hear that your anniv. went well! I know the kids were good for mom cuz she bragged about them lol. Your old pics are great to look at and remember that homecoming dance!! YOu guys are great! and Great roll models too look up too! I hope me and Nick are that happy when it's our 5 years Love you
Sarah