Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Worth it!

Grandma wanted to take the kids for the weekend so we could celebrate our anniversary:

Dinner at Texas Roadhouse without asking for booster seats: Worth it!

Going to a movie and being able to watch the WHOLE movie: Worth it!

Not having to be home by 8:30 for bedtime: Worth it!

Not having to carry sippy cups of chocolate milk: Worth it!

Being able to get ready in 20 minutes: Worth it!

No fruit snacks, goldfish, raisins, mini mallows, or string cheese in purse: Worth it!

No, "Mommy, I need...........!" Worth it!

Sleeping in: Worth it!

Attending ALL of church: Worth it!

Cleaning the house and having it REMAIN clean: Worth it!

.......SIGH!!!

Not seeing them for four days and having them run up to you with arms open wide and giant smiles across there faces as they leap into your arms and embrace your neck: WORTH IT!!!!!

8 comments:

AJ said...

Loved the post. Just think how much more you appreciate the little things with little ones around. Glad you had a good time for your anniversary. Ann (jensonfunnyfarm.blogspot.com)

Hillery said...

It is so Worth It having a vacation to yourself every once in a while, but I will definately agree that it is totally worth it when they run to you and hug and kiss you when you get them back!
I'm glad you had a wonderful anniversary with just the two of you!

Shae said...

Great post! I'm glad you had a fun time without the kids, and yeah, it's so great when they are excited to see you after not seeing you for a few days!

Fonzareli said...

I cry alot when I read your blog.

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I'm glad you were able to have some fun without the kids. You guys deserve some alone time. I love it too when Tayson is excited to see me although it doesn't happen very often, he sees me too much. Maybe I'll follow your example and get some time with out the kids to make them appreciate me more...just kidding!

Jeff and Laura said...

You are so funny! I love reading your blog. I am glad you had a good night.

AJ said...

If you're still having trouble seeing my blog email me at ajhondrngal@gmail.com. I'll put you on a list of readers. It says it is set for anyone to read, but you never know.

Kristy E.B. said...

Wow, four days! Sounds like fun...I think I'd be missing my kids like crazy after day 1 though.