Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Child, are you deaf?

If you were a fly on our wall the other day:

"Jaxon, don't tease Maycie."
"Jaxon, put those down, those are mommy's."
"Jaxon, NO!"
"Jaxon, stop it!"
"Jaxon, let go of Maycie's hair."
"Jaxon get out of toilet."
"Jaxon quit playing in the garbage."
...."quit jumping on the couch...sit down...off...stop...be nice...put that back...EAT...EAT some more...you made a mess...don't put that in your mouth...spit that out......"


AARRGGHHH!!!

Child, are you deaf?

Fast forward a couple hours....

...Conrad: "Mandie, what's in Jaxon's ear?"

Um, yeah, he had broke off a q-tip in his ear. No worries, tweezers worked the magic.

Well, that explains THAT day.......

9 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

I wish I had that excuse for Kaden not listening. He has his dads selective hearing! Hate it!!!

Monte and Brittany said...

HAHAHA! thats so funny...

amber schmidt said...

that's hillarious!!!!

Shae said...

Oh man! I wish that I could use q-tips in their ears as an excuse when they don't listen to me. The first part of your post sounds like my everyday with Micah and Mariah!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

That is so funny! Maybe I should check Tayson's ears. I feel like I'm after him all day too.

AJ said...

Your kids are so cute and so normal! I remember when mine were that age. I'm not quite wishing I had those days back, though. I think I'll wait for grandkids. I loved the doctor's visit with Macie. They catch on so fast. It reminded me of my oldest when he was about 3. One time we went through the drive up window at the bank and he was in the back seat chanting, "I want a drink." So I explained that we get money from banks. Every trip to the bank after that he would chant, "I want money." Take care! Hey, we are at jensonfunnyfarm.blogspot.com if you want to look. And I love your photos. Sometime we'll have to hire you. I can't believe how many photographers I know now.

Hollie said...

Oh but little boys are sooooo cute! Gavin tests me too.

Hillery said...

I have stopped counting how many times I say phrases like that to Ryley and Brax! And I only wish that they had Qtips stuck in their ears! Like Audrie's little Kaden my children have mastered selective hearing!!! I hate it soo much! I just pray that Kenadee is my angel baby and I won't ever say those things to her!

Sarah Smith said...

Poor little buddy. you got to love them. It's kasha's day like that and there is nothing in her ear. LOl Miss you all luv ya