Monday, July 14, 2008

...and she lived happily ever after!

A few posts back, I asked for some advice on a birthday party. While we were home for the 4th, we had a beach/princess party for her with family. We also had a pizza party when we came home with Maycie's close friends. Here is the result.

These were my invites I sent out. I used Adobe to create them and then sent them to Costco to be printed off as a 4x6.I made my own Disney Princess bingo cards. I Googled Free Disney Princess clipart.For my prizes, I went to the dollar store. I made this Princess chest from a shoe box. It held the bingo prizes. When the kids were playing Bingo, I had old carpet/fabric samples and we used them as Jasmine's magic carpets.
I had some scrapbook gems, so I glued them onto the silverware.
I bought the glass slippers from a party store. The kids really enjoyed dipping the veggies into Cinderella's glass slipper!
I went to Burger King and asked them for 20 crowns. I wanted to use them for birthday hats. They gave them to me for free, no questions asked. I used gold paper and made a circle to cover the BK logo. I put each child's initials to tell the crowns apart.My mother-in-law bought this outfit for Maycie for her birthday. She gave it to her before her party so she could wear it. She was a beautiful princess for her royal birthday celebration.
She was beyond SPOILED! You can also tell by the background that we did her party/BBQ on the beach at Bear Lake. It was super fun! We just grilled hot dogs.

Of course a Disney princess party has to have a Disney princess birthday cake! We served pink strawberry ice cream with it. We also served pink "princess punch". I bought the Disney princess plastic table cloth from Target and was able to find a 245 piece Disney princess paper dinnerware.

Overall, it was an absolute blast for all who attended. I had so much fun planning it and it turned out to be relatively cheap. She may not remember much, but it was still worth it. I can't wait to plan her 4 year birthday party!

10 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

She looks so cute in her princess dress. The pizza party was so fun. Thanks for the good time!

Ginger said...

You are SO SUPER creative! I would have never dreamed of veggie dip in a glass slipper! I'm sure it was a huge success.

Hale Family said...

What a fun party for her! Em turns 4 in August and she says that she wants a princess party so I might have to use some of your cute ideas. Em is already in bed but I will show her the pictures tommorrow and I bet she will love it. Thanks for posting all the cute pictures and ideas!

Fonzareli said...

Mandie you are soooo creative. Everything is super cute. Maycie is OH so lucky to have such a great Mommy!!

Shae said...

Wow, sounds like it was quite the success! I'm impressed with all the fun activities and everything that you found to go with the theme! She's such a cutie in her princess dress...she definitely knew that she was center of attention in those pictures!

Sarah Smith said...

qt ideas mandie.
Love it all
I am going private so i thought i'd let you know.

Jeff and Lea said...

Way cute ideas. Looks like her princess party was a success. Love her cute princess dress. Every little girl wants a princess party, and it looks like you did great with Maycie's.

Rob & Rachael Heuseveldt said...

WOW! You put a ton of work into her party, but it looks like she enjoyed every minute of it! I'm glad you enjoyed doing it for her - - I always stress too much about those dang things!

The Cook Book said...

How cute is that!!! You are the most creative person ever, I wish I could be just like you!! See you soon. xoxox

Jones Family said...

how cute/fun is that! You are one amazing queen. I can't wait to have theme birthday parties for our kids. I am sure Maycie will remember her party...who could forget that.