Wednesday, July 23, 2008

....it keeps going, and going, and going...

Today Maycie comes up to me all with her head hung low and a little whimper coming from her mouth. She is carrying a coloring paper and a pencil. We are trying really hard to teach her that we can't tell what she needs when she doesn't use her words...simple to some...but we are working on it.

Me: "What's the matter Maycie?"
Maycie: "My paper is broken. Daddy fix it?" (It had a little tear in it)
Me: "No sweet heart, daddy can't fix it, but we can get you a new piece of paper."
Maycie: " No, mommy it needs more batteries!"
To our 3 year old, batteries fix everything. I wish that were true. Too bad I couldn't put a few AA Energizer batteries (you know the ones that supposedly last forever) in the back of my check book and have it zap a few extra numbers in there! =)

3 comments:

amber schmidt said...

haha! Landon thinks Philipp can fix everything. So during the day I just say "wait till daddy gets home and he can fix it" by the time he gets home he's completely forgotten!

Now it's my turn to put a memory for you: We always have a great time hanging out with you guys so I can't put just one, but my favorite is girls nights. Especially the one when we stayed until 12! Okay maybe that wasn't fun for you, but I love just hanging with the girls every now and then! Speaking of which... It's about time for another. After we get back from camping we'll have to get on that.

Shae said...

HAHAHA!!! That's awesome! That's exactly what Micah says. He thinks that batteries fix everything, and when we tell him that it's broken, he will tell us, "It needs more ba''ries". That's too funny!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Isn't it funny what they learn. I too with I could recharge my check book! Ahhh to live the life of a child again, where daddy can fix anything and all you need is a battery to solve all your problems. Too bad it isn't that simple!!