Thursday, July 10, 2008

A "get away" during our get away!

For the 4th, we traveled to Bear Lake. We stayed there at my family's cabin for the weekend. We had a family birthday party for Maycie while we were there at the lake (pictures to come shortly). I got over my cold and enjoyed the sun. No sunburns....just tan lines!

Con had the whole week after the 4th off, so we decided to fly by the seat of our pants and do whatever we wanted. So, we stayed in Soda with his family for a few days. He went fishing with his grandpa and dad, and also golfed with his brother-in-law. Good times!

On Tuesday, we woke up with sick kids. YEAH! That seems to happen to us EVERY time we go home. No exaggerating! Even though we had sick kids, my mother-in-law begged to watch them while Con and I went on a date. Well...that turned into an over night date. Con surprised me with a room at the Black Swan Inn in Pocatello. I knew we were staying there, I just didn't know what room. I opened the door and found this...........
....Tropical Paradise! My favorite was the waterfall that came through the rocks next to the heart shaped tub. Thanks babe! I LOVE you!

I had a really hard time leaving my kids, especially knowing they were sick, but it was SO worth it!

6 comments:

Jaimee said...

How fun!! For Valentines day before we had Jakobie, (about two weeks before :o) we spent the night at the Anniversary Inn just down the road. Yeah, we weren't far away, but it sure was nice to get away! I'd love to do something like that again! It's a bummer your kids were sick...

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

That is a beautiful room. Whaqt a good husband you have. I bet it was nice to get away (especially with sick kids and you just getting over being sick) and spend some time as just the two of you. I hope the kiddies start feeling better soon.

Kristy E.B. said...

How fun for you guys and what a cool looking room! Hope your kids are better!

Jonny and Kara said...

Fun! We totally stayed in that room the first night we were married! HAHA! That was super sweet of Conrad!

The Braggs said...

It was soo great to get to spend some real time with you guys. Thanks big bro for taking my husband golfing, he had a blast. Can't wait to see you guys in a week to have more fun in the sun down there. Hope the kids are feeling better. TTYL Bekah

Shae said...

How Sweet! And, how awesome of a room! Hopefully your kids get feeling better. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some time without the kids, though...how nice of your mother-in-law to watch them!