Thursday, May 29, 2008

Outwitted by a 3 year old!

Most of the time, we need a vacation from our vacation. I still have not got back in the "groove" we call everyday life (in other words...I am feeling very LAZY). It doesn't help that Maycie is just getting over a nasty fever, cough, and cold...and now Jaxon's got it worse than Maycie had it. So, enough rambling and on with the story. Yesterday, Maycie walks up to me and says she is hungry. I look at the clock...CRAP...it's 5:30 pm and I haven't thought about dinner. YIKES! I have no ambition and no desire to make anything. PAUSE: let's stop my story right here. One of the staples of Maycie's life is chocolate milk. There is no such thing as "white" milk at our house...it is chocolate...or no milk at all! I often wonder if she mistakes hunger pains and thirst because she is always asking for chocolate milk and rarely tells me she is hungry. Okay, let's move on....I cautiously ask her what she wants for dinner, terrified of her answer. She replies, "chocolate milk". Con and I have started a new thing where she has to eat her meal first. If she has a few bites, she can have a drink of water. If she eats half of it, she can have juice. And if she eats most of it, she can have chocolate milk. My reply to her wanting chocolate milk for dinner was, "Only if you eat your dinner all gone. Now, Maycie, what do you want for dinner." She thought for a moment, then looked at me and said, "Cocoa Krispies". Yippy! Your lazy mom can handle that one. Eat up girlie! Well, most of you are probably thinking to yourselves how stupid I must be. Cocoa Krispies turns into chocolate milk!

6 comments:

Hale Family said...

What a cute little girl. Don't they just amaze you with what they can come up with? When we were making Joe's birthday cake I said, Okay, Em how should we make light brown frosting (wondering if she would come up with mixing colors) and she said - you go to the grocery store and ask the man working by the bananas where the light brown frosting is!

I bet Bear Lake was freezing. It was a cute idea to do the best/worst list. I also had an immunology professor in college who swore that you did not get sick from getting cold - so maybe it was not your fault after all!

Fonzareli said...

Smart! That reminds me of Jordan when I was tending him when your Dad went in for his first heart surgery. He wanted watermelon for our picnic and I told him we couldn't have watermelon because we didn't have a knife. Without even missing a beat, he said, "Well, go buy one." So... I did. :)

Tom and Audrie said...

She did learn something from Tate then...Tate asks for Cookie Cereal everyday for lunch or dinner (Cookie Crisp). I know what you mean by being lazy and not wanting to cook. I feel that way everyday.

Jaimee said...

Crazy being a mom hu? I just spent a week in Burley myself with Jared's family and Jakobie and I are glad to be home! Let me know when Jax is feeling better and we'll have to get out together!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

She is so funny! It always blows my mind how smart these little guys are. I hope Jaxon gets feeling better soon. It is no fun when they are sick.

amber schmidt said...

Landon just gets straight to the point and ask for candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.