Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sky High!

Nothing much has happened in our lives lately (or nothing I have payed attention enough to post). So, I thought I would post something that happened a few months ago on our Thanksgiving trip home. My dad is an electrical contractor and owns his own business with his 2 other brothers. They currently have a job in Burley, ID working on a powdered milk plant. It is two hours from home for them. So, they bought a small plane to help compensate some of their time. We were able to go for a ride. We flew over the Preston area where I grew up. It was fun to see my childhood memories from above.

My cousin Colby is the pilot. I was really nervous to go up with him because he is quite a bit younger than myself and it was really weird to think of him as being old enough and responsible enough to fly a plane. If I was gonna die, I was gonna die. It might as well be in a plane crash...quick and easy!
Maycie was really excited to go until we actually were in the plane. She didn't end up going.

5 comments:

Fonzareli said...

I wanna have a ride. Sounds FUN!!!

Ginger said...

Pap was telling me about his ride in the airplane...I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! He sure was excited for his little trip around the valley. I'm glad that your dad doesn't have to spend quite so many hours driving.

Sherydon said...

YIKES!! I hate plains!! Your brave!! I bet its nice for your dad though!!

Sarah Smith said...

You are so funny. You all looked like you had fun, Volley ball is great they are having a fall team i think i might join to have fun and help lose the baby weight. Hehe

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How fun! I am a little scared to fly in little planes myself but it would still be fun to look at your home town from up high. Too bad Maycie didn't want to go. Probably better for you guys though.