Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Whatever it takes


Maycie pulled a box of cereal (it isn't dog food) out of the cupboard and didn't take care of it...as you can see. Jaxon, of course, found the box and went to town. When I had finally noticed what was going on, my first reaction was to run over there and clean it up. And then, I thought, "why not just let him play until he is done. It is keeping him occupied, he is getting fed, and he is having fun. GREAT!" I knew I was going to have to vacuum anyway, so I was an AWESOME mom and let him have his few moments of pure pleasure with the cocoa puffs!

5 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

At least it was cereal that they spilled. My boys spilled over 1000 tiny beads all over the floor yesterday. Let me tell ya, beads do not sweep up very good or quickly. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Shae said...

You are good to let them play! Micah pulled down half a loaf of bread the other day, and Mariah got to it, so I had bread bits--big and little--everywhere! I was so frustrated, not only because they had wasted all the bread, but because it was all the bread we had in the house, and I wasn't going grocery shopping for a few days! The only good thing that came out of it, is that I had decided not to sweep the floor until after Mariah had eaten lunch...a good sweeping not wasted, right? lol

Sherydon said...

Thats too funny!! I probly would have freaked out and cleaned it up. But, why not let them play in the mess?? You know your parenting!!

I love that pic of you and con on the couch!! So cute!! You guys still look so in love!!

Hollie said...

Gavin took the top off of vegetable oil once and dumped the whole bottle on our wood floor. It was funny because he was sliding around on it and thought it was so much fun. Luckily it was on our wood floor. It was SO SO hard to clean up! It took tons of paper towels!

Ginger said...

I came home from a late night meeting one time to find Earl anxiously engaged in a similar type clean up...Nesquik chocolate milk powder all over the white berber carpet. Apparently Nathan thought it would make a good sandbox, he even gave McKenzie a spoon to "dig" with! Nesquik powder DOES NOT vacuum up. It does, however, speed up the remove of bad carpet. :)