Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That's a first...

To all my faithful readers...if there are any...our insurance company came through and ended up paying for my teeth cleaning. Remember, they sent us a letter saying they declined to pay because I was a few days before my six month mark, and they only pay for two cleanings a year (every six months...to the day!) Well, we filed a claim. And, they accepted it. YEAH! I was really actually quite shocked. I almost had the check written out because insurance companies are stubborn and back stabbing and will do anything and everything to get out of paying for what they claim they will cover. Thanks United Healthcare!

4 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Yea!!! I'm glad they ended up paying. I still think it was dumb that they didn't pay it in the first place. Oh well better late then never.

Ginger said...

Yeah for you!!! I don't think I've ever gotten anywhere with an insurance company. (Imagine insurance that only pays for $600 worth of well-baby visits and immunizations in the first year!) You might want to schedule the next appointment for 6 months and 1week, just to be safe. :)

Tom and Audrie said...

I'm glad they came through for you. I hate it when it comes down to a day or two.

Hillery said...

Dontcha just love insurance?! I have had to fight with them covering the kids after their born, because we didn't get them on the insurance fast enough! It makes me crazy! Unfortunately they are certainly worth having!