Monday, May 5, 2008

Pay it forward


On Friday night Con shows up to work and a lady that he works with says, "I cleaned out my garage and was taking a load to the Goodwill and was wondering if your daughter would like this?" Are you kidding! 1. She is obsessed with Disney Princess 2. We don't have to buy one and 3. It looks brand new. Con offered her money but she refused to take it. She said "Your daughter is way too cute and I wanted to give it to her." Well, she got that one right! Maycie thought it was pretty neat and loved sitting on it in the living room. Once we took her outside, different story. She only rode while we were pushing her. Her brain hasn't quite got the "pedal to make it go" motion yet. It is good to know there are still thoughtful people in the world.

7 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

I love hand - me - downs!!! Especially when it is something my kids love. Tate is just now starting to get used to the whole pedaling thing. She'll get it when she is ready.

Ginger said...

I love when we get (or give) hand-me-downs! The bike looks like it is in perfect condition, lucky girl!!! She'll get the hang of the pedaling soon enough, and once she figures that out, ask Angie how to teach kids to ride without training wheels...her technique is incredible!

Suzie Koskella said...

YEah! I love free stuff! It seems like it is more fun when it is free!

Monte and Brittany said...

and once she learns how to peddle youll have to chase her around cuz shes be riding off to who knows where!! lol but i agree it does look pretty much brand new!! hand me downs rock! :)

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

How fun! She will just love it even more when she figures out how to peddle. It looks like it is the right size for her and is in really good shape. I just love freebies!

Jonny and Kara said...

well shoot! that's what we were gonna get her for her bday. guess we'll have to find something else. haha.

Sarah Smith said...

That it way cute. She is a doll. Free is nice. Hope all is well. Sarah