Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dollar Tree fun

Maycie has been doing "chores" (remember she's only 2 1/2). She unloads the silverware from the dishwasher, picks up her toys, and helps her dad take out the garbage. When she does these things, she gets some money to put in her jar. Side note: I am really glad she doesn't recognize the difference between a nickel, dime, quarter, and penny. That way, I can just give her what ever I have in my purse or pocket. So, she might receive a penny for unloading the silverware. I know what you are thinking....overworked and underpaid. I feel the same way sometimes! Anyways, her jar was getting full so we decided to go to the store (Dollar Tree) and she could pick her prize. Of all the fun toys (in a child's eyes...parents just see it as cheap junk), she chose a baby doll. She already has about 6, but I told her she could choose and as a parent you suffer the consequences of allowing them their free agency. She hasn't put the baby down. She rocks it, loves it, etc. Well, it HAD to come to my volleyball game with us last night. I told her no, but Maycie insisted that "my baby will be a good girl!" How do you say no to that. After we got back from my game, she tucked it in bed. We woke up this morning and the first thing she does is pick her baby up. Then she turns to me and says, "mommy, it is time for baby's nap". I got thinking to myself...wouldn't that be a great day...to have your kids wake up, give you a love and a kiss and then it is already time for nap. Maybe my list of things to do that day wouldn't go from 10 to 15, instead maybe 10 to 5. WOW...only in my dreams!

4 comments:

J & A Danes said...

That is so cute....she is just mimicking the great mother that she has!

Sarah Smith said...

Mandie,
She is getting so big. I am sad that we aren't closer to watch them both grow up. She is so funny.
Love Sarah

Shay and Kira said...

haha!! So cute! That would be the baby i met at the game...

amber schmidt said...

That's so cute! That's a great way to teach them work ethic at such a young age. I should make Landon do little chores like that. I think it's so cute when kids have attachment objects like that!