Monday, April 28, 2008

Interested?

Since I posted the slide show of my digital scrapbook pages, many have written asking questions. I decided the best way to answer the basic questions is to post it. But, before I go any further, I owe my addiction to my cousin Michelle. She introduced this into my life and rescued my sanity! I am her "little copy cat" because her hobbies are now my hobbies. THANKS Michelle! She has started a little craft boutique, so click on her link on my blog, then the craft link on her blog to check it out.
For digital scrapbooking, I use Adobe Photoshop CS2. It is quite spendy, but well worth the investment. You can also you Adobe Elements which is much cheaper. My sister found it on eBay for about $30. There are other programs you can use; however, I am not familiar with any of them.
As far as the digital scrapbooking kits, there are TONS of sites out there that offer freebies. I have not paid for any kit that I have and I probably have 300+ kits. (Thanks for sharing Jen!) The average kit includes: papers, ribbons, frames, brads, bows, embellishments, etc.

My favorite sites to download digital scrapbooking kits are listed below:
www.peppermintcreative.com (monthly freebie, click on downloads)
www.shabbyprincess.com (quarterly freebies)
www.digitalscrapbookingfreebies.com (monthly freebie)
www.digitalfreebies.com (Friday freebies)
www.twopeasinabucket.com (click on Digital Scrapbooking, Digital kits, Freebies)
www.digiscrapdepot.com (daily freebies...95% junk, but has some cute)
www.happyscrapgirl.blogspot.com (daily freebies...95% junk, has some cute)
*The Two Peas in a Bucket website also has free fonts that you can download.

Once I have completed my pages, I print my books off through www.winkflash.com. They run promotions on their books. You can get an unlimited (up to 100 pages) book for a flat rate of $19.95. With shipping included it is $26.94. WOW...for a 100 page scrapbook! That is really cheap. You don't have to buy your paper supplies and you don't have to print off any pictures because it is all done on the computer. Another thing I love about it is, if you were to buy a piece of paper at a scrapbook store, you would go home and use it, and then have to buy more. But, with digital scrapbooking, you can use the kits you download over and over and over again. Plus, did I mention they are FREE! I finally found a hobby I love and fits our budget...or lack of!
If you are really interested in getting started, buy the program, download some kits, and then email me (mandiejo_anderson@hotmail.com) and I will call and help you get going. If you feel stupid emailing/calling me because we may not know each other that well...your loss! It is really a lot more simple than it looks. If I can do it, anyone can. I love doing this and would LOVE to help you get started as well because as my cousin Michelle would say...it is CHEAPER than THERAPY!

5 comments:

amber schmidt said...

I love your new pages! When I feel creatively challenged (which is like every time I try to scrapbook) I'll just have to look on your blog for some ideas.

Shae said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to check out some of those websites. I am always looking for new pages and such! I've also finally gotten into a scrapbooking niche for a bit....those usually last just a few weeks, and they are few and far between because I always need a break! Thanks!

Sherydon said...

OVEWHELMING!! Thanks for sharing all that information with us. Ive wanted to start it for so long and i can't wait! i will defiantly be calling for helP!! your amazing mandy!!

Hale Family said...

Hi Mandie

I went to high school with Con and I saw your names on someone elses blog and I am glad that I decided to check. I am really have been trying to start this for a while. You really are great to offer to help anyone. I hope sometime soon I really will be able to call. By the way, your pictures look great!

Victoria

Rob & Rachael Heuseveldt said...

Thanks Mandie! I would really like to start doing some digital scrapbooking! I am not very good on a computer though unless someone walks me through it step by step. I have heard Photoshop if not very user friendly so if I can save up the money to buy it, you'll probably be getting a phone call from me!