Monday, April 7, 2008

A little bit of nothing

Dear readers,

I have nothing spectacular to say nor a cute picture of my family to post. There was no exciting event that happened this weekend (except listening to the prophet). Boring, right? Well, I have been thinking about it and I am kind of glad. Boring and normal is nice for a change. To have nothing going on (except the daily routine) feels really nice. I'll even let you in on an Anderson family secret...we had a pajama day today! It felt great. I get so caught up in staying busy with my gazillion projects and keeping my house clean that I forget to stop and "live in the moment" like we were taught yesterday (I don't recall who said it). So, today, I have read books, played with puzzles, sang songs, flown a kite, and watched Alvin and the chipmunks (the movie), and even took a family nap in "mom and daddy's bed". My dishwasher needs to be unloaded, the laundry switched, garbages taken out, carpet vaccumed, and the toilets scrubbed, but for today, it doesn't matter...it will still be there tomorrow!

4 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

We had a pj day Sunday while we listened to conference. My favorite was the last one by Pres. Ballard!!!!!

amber schmidt said...

I think that was my whole week last week! It really is nice to just do nothing sometimes.

Fonzareli said...

You mean there are days when we are supposed to get dressed? That wasn't in my mommmy manual I received. I LOVE your blog!!!

Ginger said...

I love hearing that other families have "lazy days", too. You call it pajama day, and I call it, "I don't want to and you can't make me." I don't think any child will ever grow up to say, "our house was always spotless". I know my best memories are of other times. Congrats on the PJ day...hope you can have another one soon!