Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I have so many days when I am in a rotten mood, depressed, and discouraged. I get frustrated that my job is never ending. I am tired of cleaning...or in my case...re-cleaning the house. The dishwasher is always full and there are still dirty dishes in the sink. My laundry basket is always full. It blows my mind. Some days, I just want to run away. When your career is a SAHM (stay at home mom) it is really hard to measure your success. You don't get a pay check, paid time off, or even quarterly bonuses. And, now days, society doesn't really consider what you do is important. BUMMER! But, then, you look in to the eyes of your child and embrace their smile and you realize...IT IS WORTH IT! Maybe I'll wait and runaway tomorrow! jk

7 comments:

Tom and Audrie said...

I have those days all the time....I wanted to sell Tate today. He was such a grouch. He made a very busy day even longer than it already was. I feel your pain and I have dishes, laundry, and never a clean house with 4 kids always making some type of mess.

Shae said...

Isn't that the truth!?!

J & A Danes said...

How did you read my mind? We are looking forward to Sunday. Joseph finally told me last night that I was supposed to call you back.....so I will try and call you today. I have kind of a crazy week so we'll see how many days it takes me to call you back!

amber schmidt said...

It seems like somedays I go through that cycle in a matter of minutes! I think I'll blame it on hormones.

Fonzareli said...

Monday's are Mommys day. I honestly do NOTHING but make dinner. I don't make breakfast, or lunch. If you can't pour a bowl of cereal, then eat it out of the box cause I aint doin' it! Mommy is on break on Mondays. You can usually find me on the couch with a suduko puzzle, or on the porch enjoying the outside air.

Ginger said...

It's really easy to get lost in the endless sea of laundry, meals and kitchen duties. I could admit to being a perfect housekeeper, but you've read my blog about the swifter sweep & vac, so you know I'd be lying. :) I finally came to the following conclusions that work well for me. 1: I don't care HOW the dishwasher is loaded, so long as it gets done and the dishes are clean. 2: If you want your clothes folded, do it yourself. I gave up folding when the kids start dressing themselves. They just mess up the drawers anyway. 3: If you live here, you help with chores. I don't make all of the mess, so I don't clean it all up. Even a little one (age 2-3) can help unload the dishwasher or clear their spot at the table. As for the depression or discouragement, that is usually handled with a Diet Dr. Pepper and some chocolate, or a good novel and some quiet time. :)

Jones Family said...

You should write a Hallmark card! :) Your picture is very cute with Maycie. It's funny the song you have playing. Billy has already nicknamed our son "little bear" because of the line in that song.