Thursday, April 24, 2008

Uurrgghh!

I went to the dentist for a teeth cleaning a couple weeks ago. We received an "explanation of our benefits" letter from our insurance company which is pretty common after we have a dental, doctor, etc., so I didn't think anything of it. WRONG! Backstabbing, money making insurance company...don't want to name any names...but if your thinking United Health Care, you are right. It stated that our service was denied. I figured something had to have been entered incorrectly because our dental insurance covers two cleanings a year. Conrad called our dental office inquiring about the denial. It just so happens that I had my teeth cleaned a couple days before my six month mark. Our insurance only covers cleanings every six months (to the day...in small, fine print). So, we are stuck with paying the bill. "It's only $110. And because we have a contract with United Health Care we give a discount so really you are still getting a great deal," states the lady at the dental office who takes care of the policies. Why pay $110 when we should have gotten for free? I understand that the policy is between us and the insurance company and not the dental office. But, we are NOT paying the money and are putting our game face on. On your mark, get set....APPEAL!

6 comments:

J & A Danes said...

Don't you hate the fine print. The dentist office should have looked up your last visit and let you know that it wasn't quite 6 months. Hope you get it all worked out!

Shae said...

That's so frustrating! They should have like a week long grace period of something like that! The same thing happened to my sister with one of her kids with the same insurance company. Good luck; I hope you get things figured out!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Wow! That is just rediculous. I hate it when insurance companies, or any company, trys to get the best of you by putting important details in small print. They should let you know verbally something like that because how many people remember exactly what day they got their teeth cleaned last. Well I hope everything turns out witht he appeal for you guys.

amber schmidt said...

I hate when stuff like that happens! Especially when you have to call the insurance company and the dentist over and over and be put on hold and re-routed and listen to hours of elevator music while your kids are screaming in the background.... been there done that!

Rob & Rachael Heuseveldt said...

I am often frustrated with insurance companies too! I mean we pay the premiums and then they still don't want to pay their end of the deal! Sorry about your bad luck! Well, I have been wanting to ask you what digital scrap booking programs you use? Your pages are so CUTE, and I am trying to do a little more digital scrap pages instead of the old school! I would be happy to receive any suggestions! Thanks!

Sarah Smith said...

They Suck. That is dumb we are fighting ours on Paydon's birth they are stupid. Love ya Hope you work it out